Tuesday, November 6, 2012

He should've been there...


This song... these are lyrics that struck hard...


Christmas lights glisten,
I've got my eye on the door,
Just waiting for you to walk in,
But the time is ticking,
People ask me how I've been
As I comb back through my memory,
How you said you'd be here,
You said you'd be here.

And the hours pass by,
Now I just wanna be alone,

And there in the bathroom,
I try not to fall apart,
And the sinking feeling starts,
As I say hopelessly,
"He said he'd be here."

What do you say
When tears are streaming down your face
In front of everyone you know?
And what do you do when the one
Who means the most to you
Is the one who didn't show?

And it was like slow motion
Standing there in my party dress,
In red lipstick,
With no one to impress,
And they're all laughing,
And asking me about you,
But there's one thing missing,
And that was the moment I knew.


And that was the moment I knew.


You should've been here.
And I would've been so happy.


I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of being frustrated. Tired of it all... and yet I can't stop waiting, can't stop crying, and tho I can stop being frustrated... it always comes back with the next thing... and even if I could stop everything temporarily, it always comes back and above all else... I'm tired of missing you and what was... and I can't stop that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment